Past and present projects include the following types of technical documentation and training for software in a diverse range of high-tech industries:
- Use Cases, which have included a template for Business Analysts to implement to ensure consistency in layout, format, and content among the uses cases for the project.
- Documentation and training deliverables for regulated industries: FDA (in particular, 21 CFR Part 11) and GLP/cGMP/GMP compliant systems, and ISO-9000/9001 compliant systems.
- Event Specifications that describe, in detail, all the events that occur for all the software interfaces.
- As-Built Specifications that provide a system-level description of the software that makes up the product as delivered and implemented.
- External Design Specifications that provide detail to the system developers about the system interactions for each system functional area that is required for the successful design and implementation of the software.
- Application Programming Interfaces documentation that describes the API interface protocols.
- High-level and Low-level Design documents.
- User Guides, Security Administrator Guides, and System Administrator Guides.
- Online Help.
- In-house training (PowerPoint presentations, Facilitator and Participant Guides), and Online Training / E-Learning for distance learning.
- Technical Notes/White Papers that technically challenge the stakeholders while bringing together a larger message.
Tools and Operating Systems
At Spectrum Writing, we believe that the final deliverable is more important than the tools used to create the deliverable. We also believe that it makes sense to use the tools you are most comfortable with whenever possible. We’re experienced in the following tools and operating systems (and we’re constantly updating our skills, so if you need something that isn’t listed, please contact us).
|Adobe Acrobat Pro, Adobe Framemaker||Windows, UNIX, Mac||ISD (ADDIE)|
|Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel)||Oracle, SQL Server Databases||GMP/GLP/cGLP|
|Madcap Flare, Weborks ePublisher, Adobe RoboHelp||J2EE, .NET||21 CFR Part 11|
|SnagIT, Adobe Photoshop||Mobile OSs||ISO-9000/9001|
|CSS, HTML||Cloud computing||SDLC, Agile|